Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Scientific Investigative Certainty


City Manager Charlie Cabler said: "Who are we going to administer that test to? We don't have any idea how that check got to the mayor. Maybe it was done in a way that no one knows it happened."
February 3, 2009 - 7:56 PM
BY EMMA PEREZ-TREVIÑO
The Brownsville Herald


Is he saying that we have some kind of Voodoo priest in town? Is there a special candle or oil you can get at one of the downtown herbiera shops that makes paper move from a distance? I heard more sense come out of Steve Martin's mouth when he played the character "Theodoric of York" on a Saturday Night Live skit.

This whole thing reminds me of trying to get to the bottom of "Who broke that?" in the middle of a room full of three year olds.

"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Merovingian

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'll do everything humanly possible. But unfortunately we [City Managers] are not gods. You know [city managing] isn't an exact science."

That's Cabler.

Wes Blackmum

Anonymous said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

Isn't it spelt "hierberia", Mero? Spelling isnt a grammar lesson. The facts dont mean anything to you, do they?

/DP-M

The Merovingian said...

Like I give a big rats patootie about spelling? Some feel that the message is less important than the spelling. They are the same folks who argue about the color scheme of the space shuttle while engineers are trying to fix the seals.

M

 
The Merovingian - Blogged