Sunday, February 22, 2009

Annndddddd the're off!

From BATB:
Melissa Zamora said...
I haven't picked up a packet, yet, but I plan to run for the At-large B seat currently held by Commissioner Leo Garza.
Sunday, February 22, 2009

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will she run away like she did with the charter review committee?

Anonymous said...

Did I forget she ran away from Imagine Brownsville, too?

Anonymous said...

No, I did not run away from the Charter Review Committee. I attended all but one meeting, and I was a very active member. I was even asked by the chairman and fellow committee members to make the final presentation, but I had a prior commitment. Of the 14-member committee, only a handful of folks could attend. Still, we were a very unified, strong committee.

As far as Imagine Brownsville, although a worthy cause, I felt the more than $900,000 could have been utilized elsewhere. IMHO, there were many great folks involved, and had the University taken on this project for a fraction of the cost, those folks would have still volunteered their time.

Anonymous said...

BTW, call up any Charter Review committee member, and ask them about my involvement. I'm confident that they were concur with my statement.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

"I'm confident that they were concur."

Hee. Hee. Hee. Sounds like a hillbilly Mexican.

Patrick

Anonymous said...

"I'm confident that they were concur."

Hee. Hee. Hee. Sounds like a hillbilly Mexican.


No wonder the Herald is a piece of shit. No one knows how to speak English there.

Zebediah

Anonymous said...

Correction.

I'm confident THEY WILL concur.

Calm down, folks.

 
The Merovingian - Blogged