I was gonna say it, with a little less tact, but Bobby beat me to it. It is a small wonder that the print media and even the hairspray crowd look down their noses at bloggers. In many cases it is rightly deserved.
Wanting a story to be true has never made a story true. I would rather be right than be first. Getting paid to write lies is even worse.
M.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Rumors printed as if they were news
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
10:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Were you going to say that women running for office are power hungry too? That Palin should worry about Bristol having to quiet a crying baby in the middle of the night? Were you beaten to the punch by the noise saying that?
I don't remember the MSM worry about Chelsea growing up while Billary sought powerful offices in the 1990s.
Babies cry. Shocking, I know. Unless her fiancee doesn't have a mother Bristol will have a mother-in-law she can lean on for help. She and her fiancee will take responsibility for her own actions. Her mother won't shirk her responsibility as a grandmother. With this kind of talk, that glass ceiling will never be shattered.
Wes Blackmum
Wes, it has nothing to do with the glass ceiling - I clearly stated the same standard would apply to her husband.
Chelsea was not pregnant - they did not have a new born special needs baby in the home - these are apples and oranges.
Also Hillary made it clear she would castrate anyone who brought her daughter into the political debate
Family is more important than power - no politician is the all that - that we can not live without them - these are unique family facts which merit debate.
not that reality matters I did state the 3 men given a chance would be just as quilty
not that reality matters I did say she is more qualified than Obama
Sherry on the View said the most interesting thing in regards to these unique family facts. paraphrase "I can relate to her as a mother."
I think this fact is going to have many women thinking about Palin in both the positive and the negative.
Wes, you demean women when you lower the standard - I used the argument against Tony Snow and further said nothing would be different if Mr Palin were the nominee -
btw thanks for reading BV
I hear it again. Can someone tell the noise not to flatter itself? Brownsville Noise had a spike in readership because Mero referenced it.
Wes Blackmum
Off topic: The new Brownsville Herald editor astounded me for the second time in as many weeks. This evening, much to my surprise, the City held its second public hearing for the new tax rate.
No blurb of the City holding its second public hearing in Monday’s pages which served up plenty of the Monitor and Valley Morning Star articles. No blurb today either. An article published today reports of the second public hearing for the county tax rate and budget.
Last week, Marci Caltabiano Ponce abandoned paper precedence of alerting its reader to filing deadlines. She ought to have reminded potential last minute campaigners of their deadline especially with an eight-day adjustment.
I am grateful I live outside the bounds of the City. City residents should be outraged by this lack of public service in the newsroom especially after their delivery rate increased. First impressions stick, so I expect more inferior reporting on Brownsville with the new editor’s poor direction.
Please excuse my impression of the noise.
Wes Blackmum
OMG Wes, This was complaint to the Herald at 11:14 a.m.
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/county_89648___article.html/tax_rate.html
bobbywc
How is this breaking news: Brownsville Herald phones are out!
The new editor's promotional forum was hollow and weak, my circle says, much like her recent public service. She doesn't read the blogs. Would you? The personal attacks, unapologetic selfish pigs, backstabbing, namecalling, pornography, self-agrandizement, just to name a few, turns everyday people off. However, she probably reads them more than we think.
If I complain like I did yesterday, Marcia won't care. She's busy moving things towards Harlingen and McAllen. Readership is down. Marcia doesn't care. The reader is sacrificed in lieu of the almighty advertising dollar while cut and pasting other paper's stories. The blogs are an annoyance and a fad among her and fellow traditional cut and pasters.
It has one reporter. She knows more than she lets on. She has to. Its what puts the fear of God in our local politcal scene. When she takes the hat off in search of greener pastures, a morbidly obese lady will sing. The corrupt politicos will pop the champagne. The Herald will be no more.
Wes Blackmum
Post a Comment