Monday, September 22, 2008

Breaking News: Early anouncement for Mayor

Earlier today, on Blogging All Things Brownsville, Robert Sanchez announced in a comment that he will be running for Mayor in 2011. Melissa Zamora verified that he had actually made the comment by asking him directly on his blog, and he affirmed the claim.

But that isn't the news.

The news is that we have a candidate that we can all get behind. A candidate who knows what true loyalty is all about. A candidate who stands firm on simple issues.

I am, of course, speaking of my dog "Scruffy".

Scruffy doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs. He NEVER HAS! He knows his limitations and has the good sense to come in out of the rain, which he has demonstrated time and time again with unfailing accuracy! Talk about a consistent, proven track record!

Scruffy is all about home and family, and although he doesn't own a gun, his protection of home and castle is nothing short of legendary. He would make any NRA member proud! He minds his own business and wouldn't think of telling someone else what to do in their own territory. One thing you never have to worry about with Scruffy, he is as honest as the day is long. If he likes you, he'll tell you, and not change his mind about it latter. You always know where you stand with Scruffy. He is very quiet at meetings, but trust me, he is paying close attention to everyone in the room. He is quite interested in cats, but that is another story.

When I explained the local political landscape to Scruffy late this afternoon, he simply looked at me. The incomprehension that things could have come to such a state was clear in his face, and believe me, you can see when Scruffy is expressing incomprehension. He will never act like he knows what is going on if he doesn't.

So join me and get behind a candidate that can show all these local clowns what we really think of them! Vote Scruffy in '11

"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Merovingian

22 comments:

Becky Syck said...

Scruffy will keep the raccoons away!

The Merovingian said...

...without the need of a pellet gun...

M.

Anonymous said...

The Mayor will have a tough endorsement choice: Mr. Shrimp or Scruffy the Dog.

Wes Blackmum

Political Outsider said...

Scruffy 11!
Scruffy 11!
Scruffy 11!

The Merovingian said...

I'm a thinkin' yard signs, bumper stickers and buttons.

There will, of course be a totally scientific online poll, with pictures of the candidates. Anyone putting up a Scruffy sign before the allowed date will probably get reported by the other candidates who have their signs out early.

M.

Anonymous said...

I will proudly wear a Scruffy 2011 t-shirt. Let's design one quickly and have Fiesta Graphics print them. On second thought, perhaps we should go out for bids.

Mas Triste said...

Is it too late to get Scruffy into the POTUS race?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, if only mankind would be more like dogs, this wouldn't be such a bad place at all. I am very proud of my Ren and Candy. They are two extremely spoiled litte monkies, but they deserve being that way.
Jake.

Anonymous said...

Forget POTUS, Kurgan, is it too late for the BISD elections? Joe Colunga and absent-minded Rolando Aguilar don't have opponents!

Mero, do you have a pet hampster or gerbel?

Does Scruffy have a theme song for his rallies and public appearances?

Now that you have 2011 set, do you anyone in mind for spots currently occupied Carlos Cisneros and his boss, John Wood? They've been there long enough.

Wes Blackmum

Anonymous said...

Hey Kurgan: (Forget POTUS, Kurgan,)

Wasn't the above explained on Executive Orders? Told ya I'd read them all up to TBAD. Hee,hee.
Jake.

Mas Triste said...

Jake,

Uhhmm.. What?

Kurgan

Anonymous said...

Hey Kurgan: (Forget POTUS, Kurgan,)

Wasn't the above explained on Executive Orders? Told ya I'd read them all up to TBAD. Hee,hee.
Jake.


I agree with Kurgan. Uhhmm.. What?

Wes Blackmum

Anonymous said...

"Scruffy will keep the raccoons away!"

And the 'possums?

Political Outsider said...

The Political Outsider (BACK and funny!)?!?

Mero, et al.:
Off topic.

No one's ever accused me of being that! Thanks anyways!

Back to the topic at hand.

I hear scruffy valiantly defends against all enemies foreign and domestic. Wow! That's way more than out current Government does!

Anonymous said...

Wes asked: (I agree with Kurgan. Uhhmm.. What?

Wes Blackmum)

I had just come back from Palm Lounge bar when I submitted my last post here. Which should explain why some of you may not have understood me.

I meant the POTUS acronym and it's meaning. I merely meant that it's meaning was explained in T.Clancy's Executive Orders.

TBAD is another Clancy acronym meaning The Bear and the Dragon. Well, back to the bar. Gonna take care of business early today.
Jake.

Anonymous said...

Jake,

Thank you for the explanation. It makes more sense now.

I wouldn't recommend drinking and blogging although it has never stopped Charlie.

Wes Blackmum

Anonymous said...

Something different (another rant):

Carlos Marin died in a plane crash. Neto Gamez almost died of a heart attack. Pete Benavides died in office. One of these men didn’t get twenty-four hour news coverage in the Herald.

Can you guess which one?

Marin got an AP story about the crash. One story about his death. He wasn't Filemon Vela or Reynaldo Garza. He wasn't a political godfather or uncle of an editor. Marin was an engineer, a presidential appointee to an International Commission, and a Brownsville native.

We didn’t get the stories about how he almost died. The City didn’t make a proclamation. No in-depth coverage about his service to the community. We didn’t get that he was related to so many people or that he helped out on so many political campaigns.

Even so, the Herald doesn’t cover every community person’s death or almost death. It's telling who they cover and who they don’t.

Wes Blackmum
“That’s my view. And it happens to be correct.”

Anonymous said...

WB said:(I wouldn't recommend drinking and blogging although it has never stopped Charlie.)

Hell, that's when I do my best work. And I know that's when Charlie gets his strongest urge to click away. I mean, it's obvious, huh?
Jake.

Anonymous said...

click away.

And dick away too!

I mean, it's obvious, huh?

Oh, yeah! After a long day of figuring out the mystery of women, which is every day, it is nice to know somethings never change. It's like the sun rising every morning. Having a BBQ duing a Cowboy football game. Al Davis firing a coach. Every presidential election being the MOST important election in history.

Charlie is old faithful. He is the Yogi Bera of Brownsville. He's a catcher too.

Oh, you're new to the Mero's blog. Welcome, btw.

Wes Blackmum
"That's my view. And it happens to be correct."

Anonymous said...

(Oh, you're new to the Mero's blog. Welcome, btw.)

Thanks Wes. Got your back.
Jake.

Anonymous said...

Wes,

I think you mixed up the 2 Carlos Marin's. The IBWC Commissioner was from El Paso not Brownsville. The one from Ambiotec is alive and well.

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Your right! I am sorry.

Gosh, my accuracy in other comments will now be questioned. I hope you can understand my mistake.

I won't pull a Noise on you and say my overall point still stands. Because there is no excuse for my error.

I will have to wait for Brownsville native bigshot to croak to my make the argument again if the Herald covers it in an unequal fashion.

Wes Blackmum

 
The Merovingian - Blogged