Well people, what are your thoughts? Are there any diamonds in the the muck of the barnyard, or is it time to re-rack the balls and try again? Can any of them find Jesus at the last minute, or is it too little, too late no matter what they do from now on? I know how I feel about it, I would like to know what you think.
Note to commissioners who read this: Please don't go running all over town to look for different machines to vote from to skew the results, because I'll write about it.
"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Merovingian
Saturday, August 23, 2008
New poll
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm going to vote that it depends on their current actions, although they'd have to do something very impressive to get my vote. That said, though, who knows what kind of candidates might emerge? Sometimes the devil you know is a better bet than the devil you don't know.
Let's say, for example, that Robert Sanchez runs again. Would it be a difficult choice between him and the incumbent? Perhaps not.
My dream is for a group of smart, experienced, civic-minded people to run as a ticket. Of course, the chances of any smart, experienced, civic-minded person running are miniscule at best, but I think that's the only way we're going to see real change.
The current environment, so lacking in collegiality and overflowing with ranco, will deter many a good soul from offering to serve. Snip. Snip. There goes another piece of the social fabric. Is anyone else hungry for a return to civil discourse?
The word is rancor. I lost my final "r".
Most people are probably not really aware of all the infighting - they are aware of higher appraisals on their homes, higher property taxes which may come about, impossible streets, garbage everywhere.
You cannot explain to the people why these things are - they will hear their taxes are going up and that will be enought to rebel. It will not matter that in some cases it will only be $10.00 a year - the $10.00 a year they never hear -all they hear is - higher taxes.
The people will not forgive on the road conditions and they will not forgive on the disaster related to bulk trash pick-up( BTW this temporary company did an A+ job on picking up the bulk in my neighborhood - compared to BFI who always gets an F.)
It is going to be an interesting election. We shall see if come civic minded group comes forward and defines what they are looking for in a candidate and then push such a candidate. It can happen
Bobby WC
Experience means nothing. Ahumada had the experience as mayor. His experience has placed us in our current situation.
I say, let a group of slightly above average smart, but inexperienced, civic-minded persons run as a group.
Can someone tell the writer of the third comment taking up blogspace that he was plonked for failing to apologize? Look it up.
Wes Blackmum
Are those two Yes votes members of the Commission or inner circle? High number of votes for sitting lame ducks.
Wes Blackmum
A lame duck is a sitting politician who has lost his race and is riding out the end of his or her term. We need a new expression to signify a politician who stands zero chance of reelection.
Might I humbly suggest "Lame Turtle" as they will never make it to the finish line.
I am not dead-set on this term and open the floor for discussion
M.
Exactly my rationale for using sitting. They are waiting ever so patiently for their lame duck status. But correction noted. Lame turtle is original.
"Lame shrimp" is my suggestion. Semi-unique to the Brownsville and the Gulf. It matches their intellegence and their anatomy which they attempt to conceal. They are low lives at the bottom of the food chain. They taste better coming in than out. (They had so much promise during their campaign only to let us down ever other Tuesday.)
Wes Blackmum
lame turtle-Longoria, Lame-cow-Camarillo, Lame-shrimp-Cisneros.
Post a Comment