Monday, August 25, 2008

Least we forget while being bombarded with BS

Impact fees.....
The window is open, and the clock started running again.

If I may be so bold as to suggest that impact fees and zoning be coupled so that we have a Planing and Zoning board instead of a Board of Variance. Just decide it at the Commission level, because I don't want another stinking board created that would allow the developers to "take a knee" until the clock runs out again.

My stable of 'Usual Suspects' has been quiet lately, that can only mean one thing. They are up to something, and I am sure I won't like it.

"Of course I know. It is my business to know" -The Merovingian

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the impact fee window open again with completetion of the 10yr capital improvement plan? If so, what is the timeframe to change the impact fee?

Patricia A.

The Merovingian said...

The impact fee window opened because the required new study was completed in the first part of August. It was needed because the last time around, the commission "acted" on it, by raising, then rolling back the impact fees. They were not allowed to raise them without a new study.

M.

Anonymous said...

The window opened when the Commission acted and retracted the impact fees October 2006. With the long awaited plan completed earlier this month, the clock stops once the Commission acts one way or the other. One plan/study per action is their motto.

Wes Blackmum

Anonymous said...

Wow, I must have been typing when Mero made his comment. I guess I'm the second opinion.

Wes Blackmum

The Merovingian said...

Great minds think alike ;)

M.

 
The Merovingian - Blogged