Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how many things seem to be bundled with, or adjunct to the Sports Park? When politicos play their little shell games with millions of our dollars, they are always looking for another shell to hide the pea under. Lately, the Sport Park is taking on the look of one of those shells. By the time it is fininshed, we will have no idea exactly how much money was directly spent on the building and how much was used in other areas that on their own, have nothing to do with the Sports Park.
Distractions, like "Annex the Port", which are part and parcel of the shell game may have worked in the past, but there is a whole new generation of investigators out there whose work is not edited for column inches. These investigators are not hampered by layers of editoral oversight and deadlines. This new generation can take off on a whim and look at something in detail, because it is curious and strange without concern that something else is not being covered. These investigators are you and I and our medium of exposition is the Internet.
I've always maintained that if it could smell, it already does. The shell game the City is playing with Sports Park related (at least in their minds) expenditures and obligations could smell, ergo.......
"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Merovingian
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Development surrounding the Sports Park
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Mr. M,
You absolutely, 100%, totally in the right, speaking from the straight talk express train, etc.
:)
We are the avenue on the way to the discovering truth of what the city and other political entities are doing with OUR money. I urge you to look at my post on the amount of money spent on the property adjacent to the Sports Park. It has yet to appear in the Herald and it probably will not.
That is why we in the bloggs must do the searching of the stories that interest us and hope it interests others. We must publish facts upon our analysis.
We are united in this quest!
http://rgvusa.blogspot.com/2008/04/indians-steal-some-land-with-chief.html
V
It has yet to appear in the Herald and it probably will not.
I am pretty sure that it will. I am sorry that it wasn't sooner that this whole "Sports Park Connection" started to really get my attention, but it was just seeming to me that especially lately, all these different appropriations and expenditures keep being put under the Sports Park umbrella, or Sports Park related.
I wonder how long before line items are black-lined under the same auspices of "security" used in Congress on a project that would appear to be over the initial concept budget by a factor of....wait for it.....here it comes......are you ready?....1300%
M.
And that's with Ahumada as Mayor - can you imagine what would be happeningv if Ernie had been elected Mayor?
It has yet to appear in the Herald and it probably will not.
I appologize for misreading your post before replying, but I followed the link to the Herald article in your posting and the $3.2 Million are clearly listed and the general obligation that the City issued on behalf of BCIC.
M.
Mr. M,
No you did not misread my post. What I am am saying is the daily has not looked into who owned the property and how much the property was worth according to the county appraisal district.
That has yet to appear in any article including the one I link.
The City overpaid.
V
Mero,
I
Have slow computer,
I
have limited time,
and,
most of the time
i read
the post,
but can't make
time to comment !
Mero I enjoy
your blog/posts..
The wheels turn slow and grind so fine, they say. Our officials are adept at waiting and obfuscating. My little project about street maintenance and repair has drug on for four months now.
A friend has suggested to me that this is a general pattern nation wide on requests for information. Wait, wait wait until the inquirer loses interest.
Post a Comment