Sealed indictment delivered in port bridge case
DA recovers $1M from Dannenbaum
By LAURA B. MARTINEZ and EMMA PEREZ-TREVIÑO/The Brownsville Herald
2008-04-23 23:16:00
Mattingly said Dannenbaum had been "instrumental and cooperative" in locating the $1 million that should not have been paid in success fees, but said that he had no idea where Dannenbaum located the money. "You are going to have to contact Dannenbaum Engineering Corp about that," he said. He did note that the district attorney's office continues attempts to locate more funds.
Oh! I know! It was put away by mistake with the Christmas decorations. No, wait! It was in an overlooked cabinet in the coffee break room. Maybe it was in a secretary's petty cash box.
Hey Mattingly! A small hint: Quit trying to blow smoke; you do it ever so badly. If your office is still attempting to locate more funds, might I suggest doing a search in the Brownsville Herald archives for TBX. Please stop listening to the small, fairy-like dufitti that swarm around your head causing you to think and say such Atkinsonian things such as, "no idea where Dannenbaum located the money"
Did God Almighty reach down from the heavens and beat everyone in the DA's office half to death with a "Stupid Stick"? Even I have a hard time believing that anyone in an investigatory capacity could be so incredibly stupid.
"instrumental and cooperative"? Oh give me a break! You have already broken my BS detector and I have to buy the new model with the Hilary front end overload protection option. Before you spend that money on a required steam room for law enforcement stress relief, or schedule the staff for a two week conference on reading and interpreting a traffic ticket that will be held next winter at Lake Tahoe, could you please cover the cost of my new BS detector, less the cost of depreciation for the old one which you broke into a thousand pieces. I do wish to be fair with MY claim against part of the $1 million.
Speaking of money, it seems that you and your merry band of idiots can't add nor count, either. Dannenbaum paid itself $1.7 million in success fees. When rounding numbers, the rule is to round down when the last digit is less than five (5). The math lesson I throw in for free as I am a generous guy. If Trey Martinez had to point that out to you, it would have cost you thousands.
"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Merovingian
Friday, April 25, 2008
Places to Find One Million Dollars
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
7:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As I have said elsewhere, this episode saddens and angers me a great deal. Had I not subscribed to all those anger management courses and converted to Zen Bhuddism, I could very well be going postal over this. It seems there are no honest politicians within a hundred miles.
Yes, I do realize how contradictory honest and "politician" are sitting together. But I have recently met a staff member for Solomon Ortiz and was impressed with her forthrightness. That's not exactly the same as honest, but it's headed in that direction.
The solution is clear. Throw all the bums out on an annual basis.
These circumstances have a lot to with my blog focusing on literature and art these days. I can't bear being angry all the time.
These circumstances have a lot to with my blog focusing on literature and art these days. I can't bear being angry all the time.
I have the same problem. I don't know how far back you have read my blog, but maybe this will take some of the sting out.
Likewise
M.
Post a Comment