Monday, March 3, 2008

Part one of the Silly Season draws to a close

As we all hold local politics near and dear to our hearts, it will soon be time for some to gloat and some to lick wounds. Some of the gloating will cause some new wounds in others, and some of the wound-licking will take the form of looking for payback. NOTE TO FELLOW BLOGGERS: Hatchet burying should be the order of the day.
I am not trying to make myself the blog police, simply a suggestion to cut down on the future purchase of Rolaids.

Me? However things turn out, I will be demanding that the victors do the job they fought so hard to get. If someone wins an elected position they had better be prepared to to a better job than their opponent, or should it be a reelected incumbent, do a better job than last term. If they think this was a coronation, are they going to get a rude awakening from the public, and more than a few catty comments from me.

"Of course I know. It is my business to know."-The Merovingian

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD TO have you back primo. You hit the nail on the head, all the candidates who prevail should uphold the integrity of their respective office. Where have you been papa?

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the fray, Mero. I missed you.

Anonymous said...

welcome back merv!You are the Man!

Anonymous said...

Good advice, Mero.

 
The Merovingian - Blogged