"They don't have the authority ... They can not screw around with my civil rights."-Joe Lee Rubio on not being allowed to run in TSC trustee race
March 11, 2008 - 11:49PM
By GARY LONG/The Brownsville Herald
Well folks, the waiting is over and in the morning a motion for injunction, and a temporary restraining order will be filed. It looks like it is going to take more than an "informal opinion" to keep Mr. Rubio off the ballot. Named in the order are Eduardo Campirano and the Board of Trustees of TSC.
I am not an attorney, but I figure I can read as well as the next guy, and what I read isn't going to give a judge any trouble in granting the requested relief.
"Of course I know. It is my business to know" The Merovingian
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
The mulling is over
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
10:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Orale, now we're talkin' ese! Exactly what we need a good fight! I give one to two odds Rubio is vindicated and placed on the ballot. Same odds he comes in last! With three challengers on the ballot, Hererra is bound to win. Battle won, War lost!
I read it the same way, too. He legally belongs on the ballot. However, the voters will likely decide he's undeserving of their vote because of his criminal history. Just like ANON 11:29 PM stated: Battle Won, War Lost. Still, a battle worth pursuing as a matter of principle.
This is also my take one it : phyrric victory. Some interesting legal ground will be broken, however. I feel that somewhere down the road, that will become important.
M.
"I give one to two odds Rubio is vindicated and placed on the ballot."
You're on, Ese.
The parties involved have agreed not to print the ballots yet, pending a prepared hearing.
Personally, I would not have negotiated or given notice, but I am more of a bull in a china shop.
M.
You're On, Ese
Mr. Davis,
You do know that at one to two odds, you give me two bucks and if you're right I give you one back. If you're wrong, I keep your two bucks. Make checks payable to: cash.
By the way, I was the accidental anon.
You're right, Mr. the M. Why negotiate? Just sue, just sue. We need another good lawsuit. Boy, it's been a week of lawsuits, and I'm still not bored of 'em.
RGV
You're right, Mr. the M. Why negotiate? Just sue, just sue. We need another good lawsuit. Boy, it's been a week of lawsuits, and I'm still not bored of 'em.
It wasn't suit, simple TRO
M.
TRO?
Sorry, Temporary Restraining Order.
When sufficient evidence that an action by another will cause harm and preventing that action temporarily will cause no harm, a judge will issue a temporary restraining order until a permanent solution can be negotiated.
M.
"You do know that at one to two odds, you give me two bucks and if you're right I give you one back."
Not quite. When I'm right, you give me THREE back: my original two plus the won one.
1:2 = 1 won for 2 wagered.
Mr. Davis,
Isn't that two to one odds?
I am not a betting hermaphrodite so I don't know. I got the short end of that two to one odds thing
RGV
RGV is right.
"Isn't that two to one odds?"
It's simple, guy.
1:2 odds means I get my ORIGINAL $2 back, plus my winnings of $1.
2:1 odds means I get my ORIGINAL $1 back, plus my winnings of $2.
You claimed above, when I win, that you'd give me $1 back. It simply isn't so. You forgot about the original wager refund.
Mr. Davis,
Makes sense. Either way, it was just figurative talk not meant to be taken literally. I am a poor hermaphrodite living in the valley. You've seen my site, no graphics, just text and tasteless music. You can't be more poor than that.
Since you put the ears on for Easter, Mr. Davis, what will you put on for the Run-off, May Day, or Cinco de Mayo?
On a more serious note, you really do not believe Mr. Rubio will be placed on the ballot? Explain if you could.
RGV
Cinco de Mayo is a MEXICAN holiday. If you are a citizen of the United States this is a non-event; unless you're looking for yet another excuse to get a buzz on in public without the stigma of being a drunk asshole being applied. We say, Fuck That Noise.
This dude admits to committing the crime - nolo contendere. His argument re: his eligibility, is that the felony he committed wasn't committed in the United States. How is this supposed to be a valid argument?
Come on! If this were a candidate supported by Dr. Garcia et al, you would all be leaping, post haste, to the other side of the fence and demanding that this felon druggie be expelled from not only this election, but also this nation.
Come on! If this were a candidate supported by Dr. Garcia et al, you would all be leaping, post haste, to the other side of the fence and demanding that this felon druggie be expelled from not only this election, but also this nation.
Yes, she does have that effect on people.
M.
Post a Comment