I looked at it, looked at the organization, looked at its goals.
Sending money to Africa DOESN'T WORK!
Do we not have enough poor HERE to take care of?
Can we not cure homelessness IN OUR OWN BACK YARD FIRST?
I know this is a touchy-touchy, feel good, tree-hugging, love-thy-neighbor sort of thing, BUT....
While our latest incarnation of "The Merry Band of Idiots" are running around looking to save the world, McAllen is looking for low interest loans for hotels surrounding their new convention center. Coffee break is over, so get back to work!
"Of course I know. It is my business to know." - The Merovingian
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
What the hell is this ONE proclaimation about?
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
7:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What are you talking about?
We should incentivise feeding the hungry like the commission wants to incentivise city employee health care.
What are you talking about?
A city proclamation on the agenda. It was smarmy, feely-feely about giving more money to Africa, even though everybody involved said; "Oh no! Its not about Africa!" There was "Africa" mentioned at the commission presentation.....as predicted.
Post a Comment