Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Imagination gone wild?

While on my daily cruise for information (without the superhero outfit, this time - it chafes), I noticed that the Imagine Brownsville plan is being rushed through the city commission under a blanket.

I wonder how many of the proposals and methods translate to VIN REG, as we seem to be getting the same kind of uncooperative bullshit when questions about the final contents of this master are asked. What are the "tweaks", and who are the tweakers and who are the tweakies? The last time I looked, the word had two meanings: 1) to make minor improvements, such as jet adjustments on a carbureted vehicle and 2) to twist someone's nose.

Does anyone remember that Dodge van that used to run around town with the "Bill Mobray sold me this lemon" painted all over it? That will be small potatoes if the final document retrenches power for the few, institutionalizes tax slavery of the public, and/or promotes someone involved with Ambiotec to be the next City Manager.

I am pretty good at reading between the lines, but only if I have some lines to read between. I want to know what is under the blanket before I pay for what may be a VIN REG line item on the bill.

"Of course I know. It is my business to know" - The Merovingian

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo. Well said. Preach it. Raise the roof.

Silent Majority

Anonymous said...

How many of the city read the whole document before the meeting? They don't even read their info for regular meetings. Over the last two weeks they received at least two different final draft binders from Imagine Brownsville. How many trees were killed in the process?

The Merovingian said...

I am sure that NOBODY read the entire thing before the meeting, as it would have been impossible

Passed on one reading, with only the Mayor's nay.

I sure hope things are as peachy as they look....

M.

Anonymous said...

Passed on one reading

Is it really a reading if not everything was read or introduced to the sunshine? If a bear shits in the woods, does he still stink?

Anonymous said...

The workshop was full of so much hotair and none of it from the commission. They didn't ask any questions.

Anonymous said...

Ditto first comment

Anonymous said...

I think Juliet Garcia’s closing statements also reflect not only the bigger problem with Brownsville but also the country.

She spoke of her frustration with seeing grocery bags at HEB blown around outside and a desire to pick them up. She then related the story to how much easier it is if you can do it in a group, and then praised everyone who participated in the groups which helped to bring about Imagine Brownsville.

You know what Dr. Garcia, if everyone on the planet were to think like you this planet would be a cesspool. I do not wait for a group to form to pick up the trash on the beach. I do it every time I go to the beach. I along with whomever is with me will police the area where we park. When it came time to fight the institutionalized corruption in the courts, I did not wait for a committee to form, I stood out and fought. I won some battles and lost some battles. Such is life.

 
The Merovingian - Blogged