Thursday, July 31, 2008

When will the Prosecutions Start?

As I was driving from Central Blvd to 802, I was in my "correct" lane before making the zig-zag-shuffle across the 77 frontage, a car in the turn lane went straight instead. I was going to jog to the right, but there was a car in that lane, so a dive on the brakes was my only salvation. This time, it worked. I wonder how many times and for how many people it hasn't, and for how many more it won't.

But, the story gets better! As I was approaching Paredes Line Road, I could see all kinds of emergency lights across the horizon. As the now crawling traffic worked it's way toward the intersection, only to be diverted to the right, I saw the cause was an overturned tanker truck that looked like it had gotten an axle dropped into the dug out former roadbed, causing the rollover. Could this have been avoided? Absolutely! The construction itself was unnecessary and from what I saw, was the cause of the accident. I hope those responsible are sued, jointly and severally for those actions.

"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Merovingian

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there money to be made in a lawsuit over irresponsible construction?

Another Brownsville Herald lawsuit? This time, Kevin Sieff may have plagiarized the Associated Press.

Compare "UTB, DHS accept fence compromise: Existing campus fence to be overhauled" (timestamp July 31, 2008 - 9:48PM) with "UTB, DHS reach fence compromise" (timestamp July 31, 2008 - 11:09AM).

Anonymous said...

Irresposible construction?

How humorous.

If you drive your car into some hazard that exists as part of a construction project, it's the fault of the construction?

Any concern related to the project's validity is not at question.

Sigh.

Chris Davis said...

Traffic is STILL diverted this AM on east-bound FM 802 & San Marcelo Blvd. Hope BCC residents have Job's patience.

Anonymous said...

Traffic conditions (combined with the swarming mosquitos) are causing very short fuses all around. Just when you thought the driving couldn't get worse, we've managed to kick up the agression quotient a notch or two. Mero, I'd like to order a solar powered helicopter for my daily commute so that I can rise above it all. Build it for two and I'll drop you off at your salt mine on the way.

Anonymous said...

This is not an easy time for a humorist because the government is far funnier than I.

Sigh.

Irresonsible construction? Why yes, of course, the project is meritless.

City planners agree the current 802 project is an irresponsible waste of public funds and trust. Other options existed with virtually no digging and headaches for drivers.

Project's validity is not at question?

Sigh.

The Merovingian has questioned the construction's validity in this and other post. Keep reading or move on.

Anonymous said...

Another Brownsville Herald lawsuit? This time, Kevin Sieff may have plagiarized the Associated Press.

Well, let's not jump to conclusions. It could be that Sieff wrote the story first.

Here's the process:

-Herald reporter writes story;
-A Herald editor reads it over and makes the necessary edits;
-The Herald editor then sends the story to an Associated Press editor;
-The AP editor then trims/edits the story, removing the initial reporter's byline and adding the AP tagline; and
-The AP editor then submits the story to a state or national que that subscribing newspapers can access for its respective papers.

All this can happen before the initial Herald story is published in its own edition.

Anonymous said...

things that make you go
HUM!!

http://salcostello.blogspot.com/2006/01/gov-perry-contributers-use-cdas-to.html

or Sight, roll your eyes, shake your head....

Anonymous said...

Herald publishes on-line excerpts for next day's edition. Happens frequently with read tomorrow's paper as its sign off. I say reasonable suspicion of guilt.

Wes Blackmum

 
The Merovingian - Blogged