Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hanging in there

For being such a technojunkie, some things really annoy me.
I had my cell phone working a couple of times as my internet connect, then *Poof*! it refused to do it anymore. This drove me crazy. My son insisted that I make his work on his laptop, because he saw it working on mine. No joy. Of course, in his mind I was doing it on purpose to deny him his God given right to cruise MySpace. after mine wouldn't connect, I hooked his up to my previously working connection on my computer, and it wouldn't work either.

While I was gone today, my son tried his phone on my computer. Of course my computer said that there were updates available for his phone because I loaded the latest super hot beta version of the software on mine. Well, he told it to update, then tried the connect again and it worked!

We changed the settings on the laptop to match my desktop, and his phone worked there,too!

Ah-Ha! Well, mine should work again, too, right? Baagh! Wrong answer!

Out of desperation, I told my phone to erase all application data, in preperation for a total reload of the software. Before taking the next step, I decided to give it a whirl again, and here I am. The phone books will all have to be reloaded, so if you phone me and I ask "Who is this?", it us because I don't have the books reloaded yet.

"Of course I'm confused. It is 2008." -The Merovingian

No comments:

 
The Merovingian - Blogged