And God grew wrathful at the depths to which the people of Cameron County did reach in their political depravity, and in those days He did cause a storm to form as a sign that the people might repent from their sinful ways of paying heed to the false prophecies of the followers of Bozo. He did mightily smite the ornamentals and shrubbery that adorned the lawns of the powerful that the people might again believe and turn from electing cousins of cousins. Yea, verily did it interrupt their watching of cable TV and maketh their clocks to blink 12:00. The storm He created in his wrath did deny them their Starbucks and cause the evildoers to wail and gnash their teeth in anguish. And they did curse the time lost in their quest to steal whatever they could from the people that were promised falsely that they were different.
Well, I *finally* got some INTERNET looking connectivity back!
Cable is cut somewhere, as is power to the whole neighborhood. I hogwired a generator into the house electrical system. yesterday I made an octopus cable from the generator into the center of the house to run temporary extension cords to needed appliances. A tour of the city late this afternoon showed me that my power will not be back on for a couple of days, at least. That was when I chose to wire into the house circuit. The switchover only took about 10 minutes by flashlight, so that wasn't so bad.
I had far more difficulty with getting some IP traffic flowing.
My my service signal level was so weak that the phone roamed. When it roamed, my connection couldn't authenticate. Also Vista is a real pain to change all the settings you need for a dialup connection.
Even though the phone is using my existing internet connection on the phone, it still looks like a dialup to windows. I really had to screw with it to make it work, and lock the connection to a single service and hold my mouth just right to make it connect.
But, the email connected, downloaded everything. RSS feeds caught up, and here I am.
While salt is being liberally applied to wounds, I might add that NOW my Vista decided that it wants a 9 megabyte update from Microsoft!
For those of you who have seen the movie Madagascar, I take you back to the beach scene when the lemurs are in the tree waiting for the 'Freaks' to fall asleep.
You will recall at a quiet moment, the king lemur shouted, "HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE !!!"
Thank you. I was one of the wanton souls clamoring for my coffee, my a/c and my internet connection. Come to think of it I still am. The office, though, has all of the above. I think I'm moving in.
7 comments:
Enough said? Hardly. I'm desperate for infotainment here. Say something pithy, please.
Ok,
A reading from the Book of The Merovingian:
And God grew wrathful at the depths to which the people of Cameron County did reach in their political depravity, and in those days He did cause a storm to form as a sign that the people might repent from their sinful ways of paying heed to the false prophecies of the followers of Bozo. He did mightily smite the ornamentals and shrubbery that adorned the lawns of the powerful that the people might again believe and turn from electing cousins of cousins. Yea, verily did it interrupt their watching of cable TV and maketh their clocks to blink 12:00. The storm He created in his wrath did deny them their Starbucks and cause the evildoers to wail and gnash their teeth in anguish. And they did curse the time lost in their quest to steal whatever they could from the people that were promised falsely that they were different.
So sayeth the Merovingian.
Hey, that was very impressive.
Missing chapter and verse. The KGBT hour by hour forecast pictured missed. It rained. Yup, nuff said.
Wes Blackmum
Well, I *finally* got some INTERNET looking connectivity back!
Cable is cut somewhere, as is power to the whole neighborhood. I hogwired a generator into the house electrical system. yesterday I made an octopus cable from the generator into the center of the house to run temporary extension cords to needed appliances. A tour of the city late this afternoon showed me that my power will not be back on for a couple of days, at least. That was when I chose to wire into the house circuit. The switchover only took about 10 minutes by flashlight, so that wasn't so bad.
I had far more difficulty with getting some IP traffic flowing.
My my service signal level was so weak that the phone roamed. When it roamed, my connection couldn't authenticate. Also Vista is a real pain to change all the settings you need for a dialup connection.
Even though the phone is using my existing internet connection on the phone, it still looks like a dialup to windows. I really had to screw with it to make it work, and lock the connection to a single service and hold my mouth just right to make it connect.
But, the email connected, downloaded everything. RSS feeds caught up, and here I am.
While salt is being liberally applied to wounds, I might add that NOW my Vista decided that it wants a 9 megabyte update from Microsoft!
For those of you who have seen the movie Madagascar, I take you back to the beach scene when the lemurs are in the tree waiting for the 'Freaks' to fall asleep.
You will recall at a quiet moment, the king lemur shouted, "HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE !!!"
Well, that is me about right now.
Thank you. I was one of the wanton souls clamoring for my coffee, my a/c and my internet connection. Come to think of it I still am. The office, though, has all of the above. I think I'm moving in.
I loved the reading.
Post a Comment