
What is next, a contract with J.D. Powers and Associates? This has got to be one of the sillier things that I have ever seen PUB spend advertising money on, let alone getting those guys to pose for the picture holding it. This is an award received for form over substance. An award for how pretty the package was wrapped.
I saw this and had a flashback to the movie A Christmas Story and images of the box arriving containing "a major award". What does it cost them to belong to the association that presented this award? What does this association actually do? Are there meetings, or merely annual trips to the post office box to collect dues and mail out a bi-annual newsletter and a few plaques once a year?
If they were awarded a Leaky Bucket, would they also take out a 1/8 page add with photos holding it up (properly bandaged and with makeup to hide the bruising, of course)?
I wonder......
"Of course I know. It is my business to know. -The Merovingian
Sunday, May 18, 2008
There is a campaign to make my head explode
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Mr. Mero,
If PUB kept buying these ads at about $350 a pop, maybe the Herald would not be folding up its tent!
Of course I kid.
Why is PUB wasting such money on these ads? Maybe they should lower my rate by 1/8th instead of paying for a 1/8th page ad in the Sunday daily.
V
The association is not just about ads and awards. They probably get to go to semi annual conventios at places like Vegas or Orlando where they can play golf and enjoy themselves at our expense!
LOL. It's like the All-American City Award.
Sounds like someone needs to make a public information request and find out how much has been spent on this organization over the last two or three years. I'd say longer, but I've recently been discovering that if you ask for old, old information, you are also giving ready made excuses for the public officials involved to delay and obfuscate over missing and disorganized records.
Mr. Mero,
I think this was your 100th post.
I added 44 from 2008 and 56 from 2007. That is 100, right?
Let me be the first to congratulations on your spectacular achievement!
V
Mr. Mero,
I think this was your 100th post.
I never counted, so I'll take your word for it. Sometimes the months have felt like minutes and that I have only written a handful of postings, at other times it seems like a lifetime.
I do hope that what you read was worth your time.
Thank You.
M.
Stan said...
Sounds like someone needs to make a public information request and find out how much has been spent on this organization over the last two or three years.
There are many associations they are involved with that bear closer scrutiny.
M.
Mr. Mero,
You are never a bore. It is always worth my time!
Keep it up!
V
Post a Comment