Since many of us are hard core news and fact junkies, and BATB is on hiatus, I would like to make my site more friendly and useful to you all.
My first poll question really applies to PDA's. Fewer main posts make the page load a lot faster. The downside is for the desktop user who needs to click archives instead of scrolling down the page for the past few posts.
I personally find it annoying to access my blog with a PDA because of this, but I didn't do this blog because I like to read my own stuff. Let me know how you, the readers feel about this. If there are other PDA issues, let me know and I'll try to accomidate.
Guest Posting
I am not a prolific poster of articles, as you all know. I don't wish to bore everyone who is checking 4 times a day just to see that I have posted nothing new within the last 3 days. Are there some people that you would like to have guest post here? They don't have to be the 'usual suspects', and it would not keep me from writing about them, should they be, shall we say, lacking in the personal privacy department.
Is there more of a type of posting you would like to see? My usual MO is when something strikes my fancy, or I come across something peculiar or stupid, I simply write about that. I am not promising to go wiretap phones, or setup camouflaged video feeds on certain somebodies, but I keep this blog so you can have access to the same information I do, which some of you may have noticed is pretty extensive.
In short, I am doing what most newspapers won't or don't: Asking what you want, then doing my best to deliver the content that satisfies you and doesn't waste your time.
In no way could I ever replace BATB. No one could. But I am suffering withdrawals here, as all of us are. I just want to help.
M.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Readers Choice
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad to see you stepping up. Your joking aside (which I hope will continue), I've found you to be a perceptive and responsible commentator on local events and much more knowledgeable than most of us in the local Web-O-Sphere.
I'm glad to see you stepping up. Your joking aside (which I hope will continue),
One vote for funny
I've found you to be a perceptive and responsible commentator on local events and much more knowledgeable than most of us in the local Web-O-Sphere.
Thank you for the kind word about perceptive.
The responsible part is about credibility. Flying off the handle about things makes people discount views and opinions on matters of true import, as those get lost in the noise. This is one of the reasons that I don't post as much as I probably could.
I really can't help knowing so much about what goes on around here because the "Quid Pork Quo" that is part and parcel of politics has always struck me as strange, like seeing someone wearing a red clown nose at a black-tie dinner. People only seem to notice what is different and ignore the sameness that surrounds them. Maybe I am too much of an idealist and not so much a realist. Maybe I was raised different. I am not sure at this point. What I am sure about is that whatever standard these clowns we call leaders are holding themselves to is not high enough, by a long shot. I have made it my personal business to correct this shortcoming in their upbringing.
Do I think I am better than they are? This is a silly question. Of course I do! The difference is my arrogance and preachy pronouncements do not cost taxpayers millions, keep our children stupid, nor put obstacles in the path of higher human development. Sometimes you have to wonder what brought us to the point where an anonymous, random citizen has more credibility than those that we elect as leaders.
I'll keep up the watch for naked emperors, as they stick out in the crowd from my vantage point. I just wish there weren't so darn many!
M.
Post a Comment