Friday, May 30, 2008

From a comment in BATB

At May 29, 2008 11:51 AM, Anonymous said........
Do you all just look at Brownsville stuff? Because it looks like there's a potential firestorm about to develop in Port Isabel. I understand there's a new mayor and new set of commissioners after a decade long control of a certain faction. Based on this special meeting scheduled (http://www.portisabel-texas.com/city/commission/May312008SpecialCityCommissionMeeting5B15D1.pdf), it looks like they might be cleaning house.


I think this is the agenda item being referenced:

3. Personnel Matters pursuant to Section §551.074 of the Texas Government Code to deliberate the
appointment, employment, evaluation, re-assignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public
officer or employee:
􀂙 City Manager
􀂙 Assistant City Manager
􀂙 Finance Director
􀂙 City Secretary
􀂙 Building Inspector
􀂙 Police Chief
􀂙 EMS Director
􀂙 Fire Marshal
􀂙 Museum Director
􀂙 Library Director
􀂙 Public Works Director
􀂙 Municipal Judge

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Mero,

Now that is coup-ish.

Not really but can some one say "higher unemployment rate" for next month!

V

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mero. I try to touch items pertaining to the Laguna Madre area.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who has "I'm in love w/my car" in their playlist, has got to be completely trustworthy. I would be honored to share a beer or coffee ad compare notes.

Signed,

I miss Connie Chung.

Anonymous said...

Mero, Please explain to Bobby Wightman Cervantes and the members of the City Commission, that he may have been mistaken.

Excerpted from the Texas Statutes, Title 11, Subtitle A, Chapter 3100- Texas Flag Law.

3100.055. DISPLAY ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF WITH FLAG OF UNITED STATES....(b) If the state flag and the flag of the United States are displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs at the same location:

(1) the flags should be displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs of the same height;

(2) the flags should be of approximately equal size;

(3) the flag of the United States should be, from the perspective of an observer, to the left of the state flag;

(4) the flag of the United States should be hoisted before the state flag is hoisted; and

(5) the state flag should be lowered before the flag of the United States is lowered.


I know it's your business to know.

Anonymous said...

Tell the patriotic texan american, that apparently this is part of that same code:

§ 3100.055. Display on Flagpole or Flagstaff With Flag of United States

If it is necessary for the state flag and the flag of the United States to be displayed on the same flagpole or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag.

V

Anonymous said...

I couldn't actually see how the flags were placed because the camera didn't get a good shot. I was watching on the television. However it did NOT appear they were actually placed on the same pole. If so, then yes, Paragraph (a) applies... if not, then paragraph (b) would apply.

§ 3100.055. DISPLAY ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF WITH FLAG
OF UNITED STATES. ((a)) If it is necessary for the state flag and
the flag of the United States to be displayed on the SAME flagpole
or flagstaff, the United States flag should be above the state flag. ... OR
((b)) If the state flag and the flag of the United States are
displayed on flagpoles or flagstaffs at the same location.

Anonymous said...

Anon,

My bad. Too much drinkin'. No, I am just kidding. I totally goofed on that one! They are on different poles.

V

 
The Merovingian - Blogged