Sunday, May 25, 2008

A few minor changes

I was getting a bit miffed at reading my blog using only the middle 25% of my monitor, so I widened it. If this causes problems, let me know.

Music. (by choice, not obligatory)
When cruising the local scene, I open them all at once (cool trick on IE 7) and the cacophony of ensuing caterwauling was driving me crazy, so I didn't wish to add my own to the mix. It was also driving me crazy to pop into comments and the song blowing up, so I use the pop-out player first, then comment away without musical interruption. Give it a try, it is especially helpful if the musical tract gives you some inspiration for what you are going to write.


Besides, some of the selections are crude and offensive, and as anyone who has read here knows, I am never crude. Offensive,maybe, but never crude. Play for your own amusement.

M.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Mero,

Two things...Why did you beat me with using Cheech and Chong? I was going to put "Dog ...." in my next playlist. But the title might offend, so instead I am choosing Adam Sandler, George Carlin, and George Lopez. They use some foul language but it will be the choice of the listener to continue.

Doobie Brothers kick ass. My next playlist will start after Memorial Day. On your lead and advice, I will not use autostart in my prepared music. I had no idea it annoyed people.

I will see how I like it. But how will I know people will listen to the music?

V

Anonymous said...

Oh, and another thing, if the music was annoying you, you could just press the pause button without having to use the pop-out function.

I especially like your taste in music. Aside from Doobie, my top three on your list...Crosby "Teach your children well" and South Park "Uncle F-er".

:o)

The Merovingian said...

Oh, and another thing, if the music was annoying you, you could just press the pause button without having to use the pop-out function.

I edited the favorites shortcut to local blogs in my IE7 to open ALL of them with a single click. Hunting down the pause button in each tab that was running music was what was annoying.

I am glad you like the selections.

M.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Mero,

Now I get it. Silly me, Tricks are not for me.

Guess my mind was clogged after ruining my church clothes with coffee while reading the Sunday comics, I mean, ads.

V

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, and thank you for not having your music player on autostart. I have an old computer and those darn music players cause my browser to go wacko. The first thing I do before reading the blogs is pause their music player. Occasionally, I will listen to a few selections, but more than that and my computer makes me regret it. I really do wish I could listen to them since they are a reflection of the bloggers.

I just can't afford to casually upgrade to a newer computer. I am, however, secretly wishing for this one to croak so I can have a real excuse to buy a new one. Wish me luck.

Anyway, while I won't be listening to most of your selections, I thought I would suggest something offensive to play. How about They Ain't Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore by Kinky Friedman.

Patricia A.

The Merovingian said...

I hunted for the song, but couldn't locate it. I will keep looking. It is rare for me to fail on something like that.

M.

Anonymous said...

Dig the Quiet Riot and ZZ!



The Nomad

 
The Merovingian - Blogged