Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Submitted for Your Approval

October 16, 2007, Brownsville, Texas

Over 8 months since the settlement between the Brownsville Navigation District & Dannenbaum Engineering Corporation, and over 2 months since a number of taxpayer plaintiffs sued Dannenbaum in Cameron County, with engineering plans yet to be produced, taxpayers today have asked a state district judge to grant “summary judgment” in their favor.

“There is ‘no evidence’ that Dannenbaum Engineering Corporation has performed, much less completed the ‘tasks’ and ‘deliverables’ it contracted to perform over 8 months ago,” said Peter Zavaletta, himself a Plaintiff, and lawyer for the Plaintiffs. “As we prepare this case for trial, I have today filed a motion asking the court to rule on the obvious – that Dannenbaum has failed to do what it contracted to do – including producing the engineering plans that were alleged to be worth $2.9 million,” Zavaletta added.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks!

Where would you insert the word
"putz" in this reply back to you?

1 - You are a putz.

2 - Get a life putz!

3 - Your Mom was right when she named you putz.

or

4 - Start your own grammar blog, putz.

Any insightful comments or news on the originally posted issue?

Didn't think so, putz.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what did the comment you removed say? More grammar corrections about your writing? You wimpin' out, mero?

The Merovingian said...

As the sign says: Grammar lessons have been declared boring and will be deleted on sight.

M.

Anonymous said...

Keep removing the critic's post. It only makes you look like a chump. Fight with honor, you infidel!

Anonymous said...

M,

Is this person wanting to actually debate an issue or just post jibberish?

I apologize, my insightful wit and statement of the obvious never penetrated so I just went low.

Dude can write, I'll give him that. And spell. But, he never really applied those skills to articulate an arguement, except ad hominem attacks.

I would be interested in his point of view, but he never gave one.

The Merovingian said...

If there is an issue I will likewise debate it.

It is a carefully targeted attempt to engage me and the other posters in useless argument and distract from the core issues under discussion.

This meatcake has something to lose in the debate, it is as obvious as the sunrise. Guess someone's Cheerios got yellow and wet somewhere along the way.

"Of course I know. It is my business to know" -The Merovingian

Anonymous said...

M,

I retract my previous post an stand by my previous-previous (?) post.

What a putz.

Logged into the "Avenger" site. Welcome publicity for your blog by singling you out, I am sure.

I pity the fool who waves the red flag under the nose of BWC and the B Barrister is a good blog.

Time will tell if they have a point, but I doubt it.

The Merovingian said...

I know what the point is, and that angers him even more.

The status quo is threatened. This is the equivalent of TP'ing the house.

Just wait until I make him go totally ballistic, you will see a meltdown reminiscent of Paris Hilton going to jail.

M.

Anonymous said...

You children exhibit the classic symptoms of high schoolers who think they're something special the moment they make the B-Team. Debate? I'd feel like a man slapping kids around. But maybe you will get the chance. There have been a slew of pretenders, as the editor of ElRocinante well knows. My duels with the Shit-for-Brains there a while back ended in disgrace for those who dared to raise swords against The Count.

Anonymous said...

You children exhibit the classic symptoms of high schoolers who think they're something special the moment they make the B-Team. Debate? I'd feel like a man slapping kids around. But maybe you will get the chance. There have been a slew of pretenders, as the editor of ElRocinante well knows. My duels with the Shit-for-Brains there a while back ended in disgrace for those who dared to raise swords against The Count.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. You give double value to my words here. Perhaps there is hope for you, Lad!

Anonymous said...

Ding-Ding!

When you here the bell, it means that you have to get off the stool and come out from the corner? The press conference is over, the cutman has his water bottle, your hands are taped and the gloves are on. At some point, you actually have yo meet in the center of the ring and fight.

Okay, too many sports analogies.

In other words: Nice literary skills. Now, say something!

The Merovingian said...

Likewise, I'm sure.

Putz.

Anonymous said...

I see that you have at last assigned the proper moniker for yourself, lad.

PUTZ is you, indeed!

Anonymous said...

I say this kid needs a better nickname, and so I propose he adopt: "Snotnose"

Yeah, that's it.

The Merovingian said...

Why don't you children run along and post all the useless air that you wish on the "Avenger"?
Oh, I forgot, it allows no comments or dissension of any kind. Just a braying burro castración.

Have fun there guys, for you bore me. Your crap is now in season. Buh-bye!

“Of course I know. It is my business to know.” -The Merovingian

Anonymous said...

M,

I really got ya this time, mister!

"I know you are, but what am I!"

HAH!

Top that one.

The Pretender

Anonymous said...

M,

BTW, the "Ding-Ding" was mine to Putz Boy.

The Merovingian said...

Sorry, collateral damage.
Forgiven?

M.

Anonymous said...

Sure,

I am just frustrated, I guess.

I really expected more from the "Ricardo Mayorga" of the RGV blogsphere (Avenger).

I wanted to at least see him post a picof himself (herself?) in an "Avenger" luchador outfit.

For all of his command of the language, he never did get the definition of "bloviate" or my hints of self actualization.

The Merovingian said...

His purpose was not ever to engage in a meaningful way. Other than that, I couldn't figure out what his purpose was, other than to bore me. There was some style, but absolutely no substance. I was reminded of the "Aggie Godfather":
He'll make you an offer you can't understand.

M.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which anonymous to address this to..........but, either bitch about something specific, i.e. debate a topic, or shut the fuck up, loser. Pick a topic and let's get it on. Otherwise, go to the Avenger and talk in cliche' speak and say nothing there, as well. The Avenger and the horse he rode in on have nothing of substance to contribute. All they do is bitch about the Merovingian, but not the issues he raises. Is this because they want a smoke screen instead of a real discussion. Its apparent that the Avenger, despite all the cliche speak, is trying to protect the status quo of this politically afflicted region. If the Coloradian thinks that everything is peachy keen in the valley he's wrong. Just because he is in John Denver Wonderland, at the other end of the Rio Grande, where things are not as polluted, doesn't mean things are not polluted here. I challenge the Avenger to a debate. Pick up the gauntlet, pussy.

Sincerely yours,
Clovis

You know, because its my business to make you know.

Anonymous said...

Anony- Clovis,

Here-here!

I agree!

You said: "Pick up the gauntlet"

and I said: "What?"

Anonymous said...

to all
CHINwawa AND THE TOPIC IS DANNENBAUM (AND WHAT IS GOING ON).
EVEN BOOBYWC TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DANNENBAUM, WHY CAN'T YOU ALL GIVE ME ANY KIND OF DEBATE OR RGV NEWS.

Anonymous said...

CHIN,

Take your pick,

- BND
- The wall
- Universal health care
- Your local leaders
- Politiqueras
- Arguing with the blog police

We got it all, whatcha wanna talk about?

Read on. They are all there. There are lots' more opinions where that comes from.

 
The Merovingian - Blogged