There have been rumors to the effect that the Merovingian is a Unix based AI program that has run amok, delving into databases and making cognoscente connections among the bits and pieces thought buried safely away by those that would steal the very shirts from our backs. I wish to lay these rumors to rest.
I spent the evening where there were no agendas, no gavels, no lying, and maybe just a little cheating. Where I spent my time may be a bit of a shock to those who feel they have come to know me, however it was a story and I am glad that I was there to be able to tell it to you. I spent the evening at the Sixth Annual Stiletto’s Erotic Ball in McAllen.
The number of other people from Brownsville (who I will not name, as it is none of my business) surprised me at first, but as the evening progressed it felt just as natural as being at the Jazz Festival or Sombrerofest . It was so refreshing to be among people just being people. The unwritten agenda was to simply be, and that we did with wild abandon. The crowd was unusually smart. I do not mean to say that it was anything like a geek convention, oh so far from it. The creativity of the costuming said so much about the people enveloped in them. The many people that I engaged in conversation, or who sought to engage me were all well read and witty. In that brief time I learned so much about so many of them. It was not my usual quest for facts and figures. People were sharing who they were and what they were about. The only thing I can compare it to would be a family reunion, where you meet people you may not have even heard of, but share stories of people you have in common. The theme of the party was lewdness, but the people there simply saw that as an excuse to ditch the social walls and barriers that surround every one of us in our day to day lives and just be. The party was a good colonic for the soul and it was one of the most satisfying times I have had in recent memory. If I were limited to one word to describe the experience, that word would have to be “existential”.
As I drove home at two in the morning, I reflected on the evening remembering each and every one of the hundred or so people in attendance that I interacted with out of the vast number that were there. I want that feeling again.
The Merovingian
Sunday, October 28, 2007
How I Spent my Summer Vacation (sort of)
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
4:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Merov,
I like you better now.
Say,.. you don't have any one's on you do you?
Nah, didn't think so.
-out
KMGphotos.photostockplus.com
Pictures from the party!
Click on the 2007 then click on the very cute smiling kitty cat girl for the full portfolio of pictures. For the curious, not everyone got photographed, sorry.
I want to give my heartfelt thanks to elitist czar for providing this memory. I could hear the music beating through the air as I looked through those fantastic pictures from last night.
With a bit of luck, the link to the pictures will spread and I hope the photographer will get some orders. Many of those photos are worth owning, even if you never met the person in them.
"Of course I was there. It was my business to be there." -The Merovingian
Say,.. you don't have any one's on you do you?
Nah, didn't think so.
Or tens or twenties, either. ;)
M.
Notably absent (from my perspective,at least) were "Wednesday Adams” and “Lieutenant Prostitute” (She had never seen the movie “Yellowbeard”, but the mini-skirted colonial styled admiralty costume brought that image to mind.)
M.
Wednesday Adams didn't want to be photographed. Sry.
Was that Ben Neece and Neto Gamez in there? The paragons of the community's virtue...
Juan O'Leary said...
Was that Ben Neece and Neto Gamez in there? The paragons of the community's virtue...
In their defense, they were both well behaved and congenial guests and sought after conversationalists, not that it was any of my business, just an observation.
M.
n their defense, they were both well behaved and congenial guests and sought after conversationalists, not that it was any of my business, just an observation.
I thought it was the M's business to know....
LOL! Perhaps I need to add a disclaimer to the end of my tagline.
"..as long as it involves spending my money or trampling someone's rights, or telling outright lies for political or personal benefit. This offer does not apply to who is doing who's domestic partner, dog and/or sheep. Inappropriate gender clothing is also thereby excluded. Offer void where such disclaimer is mandatory."
With a disclaimer like that you should work for the Justice Dept....
or Hustler mag....Go Larry!!!
but it is a good disclaimer...
If you catch me violating that either directly or in spirit you are invited to call me on it. I am only human and sometimes get caught up in the heat of the drama.
M.
Post a Comment