Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bay Bridge?

After a very noisy and heated public discussion about Bay Bridge wanting to open up shop in the Port of Brownsville, I have to ask: Well?

With much harrumphing, posturing, references to moratoriums, complaints about stealing from the labor pool (in the poorest city in the US as per the census?), front door, back door claims, counter-claims, etc. the further handling of the matter was claimed by the Port Director. And?

It has been quite a while and it doesn’t seem to me that we are exactly planning the Temple at Karnack or Mount Rushmore. So?

There have been no further agenda items, no ribbon cutting, no hiring notices in the classifieds, no “sorry it doesn’t work for us.”, nothing.

Is there some stare match waiting for someone to blink happening? Is anything going on? Do commissioners on the phone want to be someone’s friend? Did everyone forget about it, and if so, why?


"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Merovingian

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this mumbo-jumbo and you, again, say nothing of substance. Have you considered a career in motivating the blind/deaf? You seem to have a flair for the obvious...

Anonymous said...

Do you wait to be fed, sitting in the dark, staring at the screen for Merov to elighten you?

Get a life and find another blog.

Anonymous said...

This, lad, is a full-court press. We are on all other Brownsville Blogs, if you haven't noticed. And we're not the "Grammar Police," as much as we are the "Thought Storm Troopers." The ship will be righted, and it will be righted inspite of you!

Anonymous said...

It had to Happen:

www.thebrownsvilleavenger.blogspot.com


Now begins The Deguello!

Anonymous said...

We had no idea we were being hijacked by an earlier blog.

Here's the amended site:

www.BrownsvilleAvenger.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The Brownsville Avenger is in town! Wowzee, Bowzee. I think I know who is behind this and it is about damned time. Welcome back, Matador!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dude! You've been reamed a new a**hole on www.brownsvilleavenger.blogspot.com. Rumor has it the site is a 2nd Gig for ElRocinante's editor. TE METIO LA PICHA, MERO! Que Gacho el Macho Gabacho. McHale has the balls of pinche Tarzan!

The Merovingian said...

McHale has the balls of pinche Tarzan!


He most certainly does.

He found the site to be just as humorous as I.

Now that you have your own blog, which will probably give new meaning to the term 'intranet', it is my fervent hope that you spend many, many hours posting to it. I look forward to reading it. I'll even give you a hand up.

"Of course I know. It is my business to know." -The Mero-Merovingian

Anonymous said...

Did I forget to mention that the Port of Houston is expanding a new cruise / container site at Bayport? This will be a 1,000 container an hour location that is insulated from the running the length of the ship channel.

http://www.portofhouston.com/BayportTerminalProgress/index.html

 
The Merovingian - Blogged