It seems every time I turn around this place has an obsession with the 21 Million figure. I feel like I am taking crazy pills here !
Everyone knows about the Port 21 Million, the Dam Weir(d) is also going to need....... 21 Million. "Of which we have already spent 6 Million." ON WHAT? There is no agreement with Mexico, some high paid consultants, press and push on like construction will start tomorrow. I know that radio statons don't play the same song back-to-back, so why do these morons keep trying to PLAY US THE SAME SONG AGAIN ! What is this obsession with crossing the river for $21 Million. Oh, maybe it is like the Texas Lottery where there is a minimum jackpot....... with the same odds of winning. Well, I never asked to buy a ticket.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/board_80385___article.html/project_pub.html
"Of course I know. It is my business to know." The Merovingian
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Area Fascination with $21 Million figure
Posted by
The Merovingian
at
1:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are absolutely correct. It's time to start sharing the focus on other high-dollar, no-return projects.
The needs to be a "drop-dead" point on fishing for these things. Also, what the heck is wrong with "pay as you go" ? One thing that all this stink has in common is "front loading" of cost. Front-load is one of those things that makes me very itchy. Very basic Business 101 risk/benefit analysis would shoot a lot of this silly bleed of money right in the head.
Exactly! At what point can we say enough is enough? Brownsville and PUB have been on this grail quest for about 30 years now...when does it end? The fact is, while everything is ready to go on the US side, practically nothing has been accomplished on the Mexico side. So, while the US has already completed its design, environmental impact assessment and permitting process for the propsoed weir location, what happens if Mexico decides they want the weir in another location? Even more US money wasted then. The worst problem though is that even if we finally get the weir built, we'll be able to store more river water. Big deal. Do you know that thanks to Matamoros, Reynosa and other Mexican communities who frequently dump untreated sewage into the river, the quality of the Rio Grande River water is actually getting worse each year? Why are we focusing on getting more crappy water when we should be focusing on improving the quality of the water that PUB provides to the City of Brownsville?
It is my opinion that all these stupid cross border projects be handled by the State Department. At least they don't send bills to be paid by wire transfer to the Bahamas, along with other silly costs. For the six million they already spent on the dam, they could send a full service truck with crew to do meter reading and still have saved money.
Put the thing north of Reynosa and make it McAllen's problem an see if they even want to mess with it. I'll bet they wouldnt't do it them selves. I am sure there are tons of Letters of Support from people whose pocketbooks are not affected one whit. As a matter of fact, I just might go look up all that fancy who-ha and point out how worthless it all is.
"Of course I know. It is my business to know." --The Merovingian
Post a Comment